Polished & Accessorized by Chaela Schalin

One of my favorite things to do as a woman is to explore the endless trends and options in the fashion industry. Let's face it, women can get away with just about any outfit by simply pairing it with the right accessories. My inspiration for the Polished and Accessorized blog this week stemmed from a particular Hobo Lauren wallet. You can find it for 30% off on our website featured as "Floral Lauren Hobo". The print-design on the wallet immediately struck me as that item that makes you ask yourself "what would I ever wear with this?". However as soon as that thought crosses your mind, another voice says "I can't live without it. Just go for it!". It's those same thoughts that cross my mind when I'm impulsively purchasing nail polish too! No matter what, whether I'll only wear the shade on my toes, I know I'll find something to go with it eventually.

Then I came across Sally Hansen's "Pacific Blue" nail polish. It's just the right shade of blue to pop into place with the "Floral Hobo Lauren" wallet. The other accessories I picked to go with the wallet and nail polish further peaked my affinity for fashion. I was overwhelmed by a huge sense of nostalgia and pop art. It reminded me of playing dress up as a child and wanting to put every unusual color together in a single outfit. How I wasn't scared to go all out. Fortunately for me, I've gotten better at pulling off these off the cuff looks, and I'm less afraid to do it as an adult too! Have fun combing bold hues of primary shades with metals and timeless prints like tortoise shell. Gold is a great tone to mix with fall hues to make your ensemble come together. These floral Metal Monk studs are so girly and are made with vintage findings, also exemplifying how fashion repeats itself.

Fall For Color


Pull off this plethora of accessories by wearing a white button down with your favorite medium wash distressed boyfriend or skinny jeans. The clean palette of white and denim bring a certain sophistication to all of the color these accessories offer. This look can go easily from day to night by trading a pair of flats and the cat eye retro style red AJ Morgans, for red stilettos and the "Floral Lauren Hobo" as a clutch. Even more why I adore this wallet so much. It doubles as a clutch that's large enough to hold your smartphone, and it's genuine leather too! So go ahead and give this look a try. Fall for it! Fall for color!

Polished by Yours Truly,
Chaela

No comments:

Post a Comment