Navy is the New Black!

Breaking News lou lou Fashionistas: navy blue is back and it’s bigger than ever! Well, in my fashion world it never really left, but you get my drift. Calling out all ladies with tons of black, grey, and whites consuming their wardrobe, make room for one more, navy blue!

     

  I admit that I am one to stick to the basics, avoiding too much color in my wardrobe. Not because I don’t like color, but because neutrals just happen to be my favorites! For me, it’s easier to put together an outfit when all the colors in my closet match one another. Having said that, navy blue has always been my go-to color especially in the summer time!

     

For Spring 2015 navy has hit the fashion industry more boldly than ever in the handbag department.  Navy is the new black, starting with substituting that little black bag with a navy blue one. From true navy to lightened shades with a grey variation, navy has reformed its classic reputation making a more high-fashion statement. 

     

 Naturally, one of my favorite pairings would be combining navy blue with white.  Wear your favorite pair of white jeans (yes we all have a pair) with a navy shirt or jacket and add a splash of color with your accessories! Try a fun pair of colored flats or pop of color in your jewelry.

     



 Another great thing about navy being a dominant color for spring is its seamless transition into fall. It’s easily worn in both the fall and winter and instead of wearing it with whites and bright colors, replace it with beiges, tans, greens and even black! Yep, you heard me correctly, what was once a fashion no-no is now a fashion trend. Wearing navy and black together gives you a more chic, sophisticated look that can be worn by many!

     


Considering navy is the new black and all the other great trends emerging this year, you’ll want to check back here or on our website every week for updates, inspiration and musings from myself, Pam and Tara (lou lou buyers).

Xoxo,

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment