2014 Pantone Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid

I walked into the ENK show in NYC earlier this week, hoping to find beautiful accessories to bring into the stores, and there it was: Radiant Orchid! The 2014 Pantone Color of the Year.  Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute® says that Radiant Orchid is, “An invitation to innovation, [it] encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.” Read full Pantone press release here. 


 The color was literally radiating all over the entrance of the ENK show. The lights under the desks glowing, a giant picture of a flower, the rug, even the staff had gorgeous scarves featuring the color.



When I first saw it I must say I was skeptical because I like natural tones, but I now realize the color is nature at it's best. It's not purple, pink, fuchsia, or raspberry but a combination of all. 



The shades and tones vary but all pretty. The best part about it is, it looks good on everyone! "This multifaceted hue is seductive when combined with red and pairs well with its sister shades of lavender, purple and pink" (Pantone).

Radiant orchid is the new black for spring, and should be no stranger to your summer collection as well this year. The color also pairs perfectly with other poppy hues, neutrals and white!

Incorporate the hue in your jewelry or get a pop of radiant orchid in your simpler accessories. You can mix it with pastels or with gold tones to kick it up a notch!

I couldn't resist buying a huge selection of radiant orchid pieces, because I know Lou Lou fashionistas would love it as much as I do. Check out a selection of our radiant orchid items here!

Fashionably Yours,
Tara
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment